The JMEC 21 Program Schedule
The following are the relevant dates and deadlines for JMEC 21, the 2014 – 2015 program year. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Sessions are a good way for potential participants to find out more about the JMEC program, speak with other potential participants and with JMEC Alumni. We highly recommend those interested in the program to attend one of these sessions.
Participant Application Deadline: October 15, 2014
Project Client Application Deadline: November 30, 2014(To qualify for the early bird discount, companies must apply and pay in full by September 30, 2014)
THE SCHEDULE BELOW IS AS OF JUNE 16, 2014 AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Phase 1: Training and skills development (Nov 8, 2014 - May 9, 2015)
A series of lectures and workshops, with a strong practical emphasis on Japan market entry and business planning, conducted by lecturers who are highly respected in their fields in the Japanese and foreign business communities.
- Lecture Days: Nov. 8, 15, 22, 29, Dec 6, Jan. 10: each day begins at 9am and ends at 5pm
- Workshop Days: Jan. 24, Feb. 21, May 9: each day begins at 9am and ends at 1pm
Phase 2: Preparing a business plan (Jan 10 - May 8, 2015)
Under the guidance of an experienced mentor and a business consultant, each project team, consisting of about 5 or 6 young executives, develops a practical business plan for the Japanese market. The business plan covers strategy, marketing, distribution, finance, organization, human resources and legal issues. The teams are also supported by the Program Director.
- Week of January 6: Project Clients meet with Team Mentor
- Week of January 13: Project Clients meet with JMEC Team
Phase 3: Judging (May 14 - May 25, 2015)
Business plans are judged on the basis of both written and oral presentations.
- Early May: Judges and Project Clients receive JMEC Business Plan
- May 23 and 24: Oral Presentations to JMEC judges
- May 25 to 29: Oral Presentations to Project Clients
Phase 4: JMEC Awards Ceremony (June 10, 2015)
Winners are announced and prizes are awarded at this event.